FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

USee

Quote from: USee on November 14, 2012, 05:28:14 PM
The NCC v CalLu game is interesting. Rogers is an elite reciever and we have seen what a top passing game can do vs NCC (See Hiben/Wheaton). The biggest gap I see is in Cal Lu's defense. They haven't really stopped anyone all year but they have certainly outscored them. The top defense in Cal Lu's league is Redlands and NCC put 42 pts on them. That doesn't bode well. NCC has some players on defense. The interesting part is NCC's deficiency against the pass in select games. We really don't know how good Cal Lu's offense is because they played in a weak defensive conference (statistically speaking). I am pretty sure NCC is going to have their way with Cal Lu's defense and it may become a shootout. If Cal Lu can match their averages offensively, NCC is in trouble. If NCC is the best defense Cal Lu has seen and has trouble scoring, NCC will win pretty handily IMO. I suspect Cal Lu hasn't seen a defense as good as NCC but since Cal Lu will have seen the Wheaton tape, they are likely licking their chops at the prospect of playing against NCC's D. I am interested to see how this unfolds.

This is what I posted before last week's NCC/CLU game. There were a lot of unknowns going into that game but I had my suspicions. This week is entirely different. The stat that sticks out to me on the 'Cats is 57 sacks. Holy pass protection! That has to be some kind of record for 11 games. (As I typed this I looked up Mt Union and their record is 58 sacks in 2007 and UWW had 54 in 2007). NCC better be able to run the ball or they are toast. The key to the game is clearly going to be NCC's ability to run the ball and not turn it over. I think Linfield will score but will have trouble against the NCC defense but if Linfield controls the LOS on Defense the Cardinals are in trouble. If NCC can run the ball close to their 200+ yd average and stay 60-40 run/pass, they will be in it at the end. The two DE's for Linfield have half those sacks between them.

desertcat1

Quote from: USee on November 19, 2012, 01:55:47 PM
Quote from: USee on November 14, 2012, 05:28:14 PM
The NCC v CalLu game is interesting. Rogers is an elite reciever and we have seen what a top passing game can do vs NCC (See Hiben/Wheaton). The biggest gap I see is in Cal Lu's defense. They haven't really stopped anyone all year but they have certainly outscored them. The top defense in Cal Lu's league is Redlands and NCC put 42 pts on them. That doesn't bode well. NCC has some players on defense. The interesting part is NCC's deficiency against the pass in select games. We really don't know how good Cal Lu's offense is because they played in a weak defensive conference (statistically speaking). I am pretty sure NCC is going to have their way with Cal Lu's defense and it may become a shootout. If Cal Lu can match their averages offensively, NCC is in trouble. If NCC is the best defense Cal Lu has seen and has trouble scoring, NCC will win pretty handily IMO. I suspect Cal Lu hasn't seen a defense as good as NCC but since Cal Lu will have seen the Wheaton tape, they are likely licking their chops at the prospect of playing against NCC's D. I am interested to see how this unfolds.

This is what I posted before last week's NCC/CLU game. There were a lot of unknowns going into that game but I had my suspicions. This week is entirely different. The stat that sticks out to me on the 'Cats is 57 sacks. Holy pass protection! That has to be some kind of record for 11 games. (As I typed this I looked up Mt Union and their record is 58 sacks in 2007 and UWW had 54 in 2007). NCC better be able to run the ball or they are toast. The key to the game is clearly going to be NCC's ability to run the ball and not turn it over. I think Linfield will score but will have trouble against the NCC defense but if Linfield controls the LOS on Defense the Cardinals are in trouble. If NCC can run the ball close to their 200+ yd average and stay 60-40 run/pass, they will be in it at the end. The two DE's for Linfield have half those sacks between them.


Correction ,  i think we are only 10-0 so far or are you looking ahead ? :P
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

Mr. Ypsi

desertcat, perhaps he meant that Linfield will get no sacks this week?! 8-)

desertcat1

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 19, 2012, 02:07:21 PM
desertcat, perhaps he meant that Linfield will get no sacks this week?! 8-)

I 'll take all that action any takers ? :) send me an e-mail.. :-[ :-*  got help blue pay for steak dinner ?  ;D
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

emma17

In recent years NCC has done plenty to prove they belong.  NCC has played in five playoff games the previous two seasons- that's not the record of a team that needs to concede anything to Linfield when it comes to playoff performance.  At this time of the year defense will be the key.  History shows us during this run that the NCC defense has kept every game close enough to win (slight exception of Wheaton)- I would be surprised if that wasn't the case come Saturday.       

       

desertcat1

" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

AndOne

CCIWers--

If I remember my conversation with Mr/Mrs Gallik before the IWU/NCC football game correctly, this is the week that their son, IWU QB Rob was probably going to have reconstructive surgery on his knee. If so, heres hoping for a successful procedure, coupled with a full recovery. Good luck to Rob.

emma17

Quote from: desertcat1 on November 19, 2012, 02:14:48 PM
anybody need some twinkies  TOO?  :D

Collector's items - save them for the zombie apocalypse.

NCF

Quote from: AndOne on November 19, 2012, 02:20:56 PM
CCIWers--

If I remember my conversation with Mr/Mrs Gallik before the IWU/NCC football game correctly, this is the week that their son, IWU QB Rob was probably going to have reconstructive surgery on his knee. If so, heres hoping for a successful procedure, coupled with a full recovery. Good luck to Rob.
Agreed. Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

desertcat1

Quote from: emma17 on November 19, 2012, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: desertcat1 on November 19, 2012, 02:14:48 PM
anybody need some twinkies  TOO?  :D

Collector's items - save them for the zombie apocalypse.

Is that what you call it now  :o

News flash :o   ,   NCC  by 7  opening line in Laughlin , NV.. :P
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

Titan Q

Quote from: AndOne on November 19, 2012, 02:20:56 PM
CCIWers--

If I remember my conversation with Mr/Mrs Gallik before the IWU/NCC football game correctly, this is the week that their son, IWU QB Rob was probably going to have reconstructive surgery on his knee. If so, heres hoping for a successful procedure, coupled with a full recovery. Good luck to Rob.

Here is a tweet from Gallik Wednesday Nov. 14...

rob gallik ‏@rgallik_10
Goin under the knife this morning. Hopefully they knock a few ticks of the 40 while they're in there. Got some unfinished business still.


He has since tweeted that things went well with the surgery.  I assume he will be ready to go when IWU starts practice in the summer.

Gallik was having a great year before he went down.

NCF

Quote from: desertcat1 on November 19, 2012, 02:53:50 PM
Quote from: emma17 on November 19, 2012, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: desertcat1 on November 19, 2012, 02:14:48 PM
anybody need some twinkies  TOO?  :D
;D
Collector's items - save them for the zombie apocalypse.

Is that what you call it now  :o

News flash :o   ,   NCC  by 7  opening line in Laughlin , NV.. :P
I've got some halloween cupcakes if anyone's interested. I thought someone would take them to school, but he left them at home. ;D;D ;D
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

desertcat1

Quote from: newcardfan on November 19, 2012, 02:58:05 PM
Quote from: desertcat1 on November 19, 2012, 02:53:50 PM
Quote from: emma17 on November 19, 2012, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: desertcat1 on November 19, 2012, 02:14:48 PM
anybody need some twinkies  TOO?  :D
;D
Collector's items - save them for the zombie apocalypse.

Is that what you call it now  :o

News flash :o   ,   NCC  by 7  opening line in Laughlin , NV.. :P
I've got some halloween cupcakes if anyone's interested. I thought someone would take them to school, but he left them at home. ;D;D ;D

I thought they were all sent to  MT. U &  St . T  this last week ? ;D
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

NCF

Quote from: desertcat1 on November 19, 2012, 03:03:52 PM
Quote from: newcardfan on November 19, 2012, 02:58:05 PM
Quote from: desertcat1 on November 19, 2012, 02:53:50 PM
Quote from: emma17 on November 19, 2012, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: desertcat1 on November 19, 2012, 02:14:48 PM
anybody need some twinkies  TOO?  :D
;D
Collector's items - save them for the zombie apocalypse.

Is that what you call it now  :o

News flash :o   ,   NCC  by 7  opening line in Laughlin , NV.. :P
I've got some halloween cupcakes if anyone's interested. I thought someone would take them to school, but he left them at home. ;D;D ;D

I thought they were all sent to  MT. U &  St . T  this last week ? ;D
Hahahahahahaha  K+
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

New Tradition

I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ