FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 38 Guests are viewing this topic.

hazzben

Also, should have led with this ...

Congrats to Swider on a truly remarkable career. From afar he always reminded me a lot of Coach J at Bethel (though Swider inherited a much better program). Great program, great teams, great sustained success. An incredible representative of Wheaton and mentor of young men. He was easy to cheer for. Good luck to Wheaton on their search!!

D O.C.

Wheaton .... Please pick Rod Sandberg.
Thanks ahead of time.

USee

From what I know the process will happen somewhat quickly I would expect a coach to be named sometime in mid to late January. Probably a good bet that many of the names mentioned are candidates.

bluenote

I remember when North Central came out to the CatDome.... and they had and all american QB and all american running back.... those guys were studs! But we kicked your guys asses!.... I saw your coach walking of the field after the game and he was PISSED! Anyway you guys are going ALL THE WAY!  :-*

bleedpurple

Quote from: Bluenote on December 12, 2019, 12:17:28 AM
I remember when North Central came out to the CatDome.... and they had and all american QB and all american running back.... those guys were studs! But we kicked your guys asses!.... I saw your coach walking of the field after the game and he was PISSED! Anyway you guys are going ALL THE WAY!  :-*

You remember things?  ;)

D O.C.


Joe Rockhead

North Central folks coming to Allentown this weekend, take note. Parking will be VERY limited on the Muhlenberg campus. Liberty Street, that runs alongside the stadium will be off limits for parking as will the lots immediately surrounding the stadium. There will be parking in the other lots on campus and other streets surrounding the school. Nothing will be very far from the field. Most of the students will have headed home for the holidays. The stadium is smaller than what your probably used to and the visitors' stands aren't very big at all.  Still a nice place to see a game. Forecast is for rain and 50 degrees.  If you want some info on where to stay or places to get a burger and a beer, let me know.

thunderdog

Quote from: D O.C. on December 11, 2019, 07:45:27 PM
Wheaton .... Please pick Rod Sandberg.
Thanks ahead of time.

I'm sure there's a whole truckload of Linfield fans that would LOVE to see Rocket Rod head back to Wheaton... just leave Whitworth  ;D

USee

Plenty of CCIW reps on the North All Region team (Including some DB's that UWW fans think aren't any good  8-)

https://www.d3football.com/awards/all-region/2019/index

Congratulations to all. This is the group that will result in AA list announced at the Stagg.

mdrem7

Quote from: USee on December 11, 2019, 10:16:04 PM
From what I know the process will happen somewhat quickly I would expect a coach to be named sometime in mid to late January. Probably a good bet that many of the names mentioned are candidates.

Another name I'd add that I don't believe I saw, former Thunder DL coach Andy Studebaker.

cciw83

I did not realize how many college head football coaches came from Wheaton. I wonder if there is any other CCIW school that comes close to it.

It's good to see all the positive comments and respect for Coach Swider.  You don't see that often about coaches on blogs.

New Tradition

A not-unexpected massive congrats to Broc Rutter on being named a Gagliardi Trophy finalist!  Very well deserved.  Congrats to the other 4 finalists, as well. 
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

79jaybird

All of these worthy candidates is just another testament to how great a coach/mentor/fatherly figure/etc.  Swider is/was to everybody.   8-)
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

DuffMan


A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

WashedUpCard

Quote from: Not My Nachos on December 13, 2019, 04:23:18 AM
Quote from: 79jaybird on December 12, 2019, 05:10:42 PM
All of these worthy candidates is just another testament to how great a coach/mentor/fatherly figure/etc.  Swider is/was to everybody.   8-)
I'm havingbrealbissues with the praise.  There were four freshmen at WC that would say otherwise.  Regardless, it's more than a blemish!

Wow.  Just wow.