FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augie6 and 39 Guests are viewing this topic.

robertgoulet

Quote from: USee on September 17, 2021, 03:03:13 PM
Quote from: WashedUpCard on September 17, 2021, 02:41:31 PM
The Quick Hits pickers select Wheaton to win by a 4-2 margin with Luke Anthony as the leading candidate as MOP.

Hansen Ratings has NCC as a 4.5pt favorite.

Feels like a pickem game to me.

You're the brains of this operation so I'll default to you. (my gut tells me Wheaton by 2 scores, but I also thought Aurora would be close so it's probably just indigestion)
You win! You always do!

USee

Tough one to analyze after 2 years away for both teams. Lot's of knowns and unknowns for both teams.

WashedUpCard

Quote from: USee on September 17, 2021, 04:52:42 PM
Tough one to analyze after 2 years away for both teams. Lot's of knowns and unknowns for both teams.

And the lack of competitive contests for both teams in their first game of the season.  I don't think either team put anything but their basic schemes on film.

Gregory Sager

Carthage 34, Elmhurst 17

This one went about as expected, I think.

Carroll 34, Illinois Wesleyan 33

The Titans kicker missed two PAT attempts, and then, on the game's last play, sent a game-deciding 30-yd FG attempt wide right.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

Gotberg

I'm trying to watch the NPU/Wash game, but there's not media from Washington's site - are they in delay or something?
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Gregory Sager

"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

Gotberg

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Gregory Sager

Yeah, Wash U feeds seem to have lots of buffering issues this year.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

Gotberg

Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 18, 2021, 05:41:37 PM
Yeah, Wash U feeds seem to have lots of buffering issues this year.

Maybe NPU can either loan them some money to invest in technology, or some people tech support?
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Gotberg

Quote from: Gotberg on September 18, 2021, 06:37:57 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 18, 2021, 05:41:37 PM
Yeah, Wash U feeds seem to have lots of buffering issues this year.

Maybe NPU can either loan them some money to invest in technology, or offer some people tech support?
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Gotberg on September 18, 2021, 06:37:57 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on September 18, 2021, 05:41:37 PM
Yeah, Wash U feeds seem to have lots of buffering issues this year.

Maybe NPU can either loan them some money to invest in technology

"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

Gregory Sager

"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton

FCGrizzliesGrad

As a neutral watching the Wheaton-NCC game... gotta say the refs haven't been that great. A great defensive battle though. Just what you want from two top teams.
.

Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC, ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, MIAC, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, ODAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023, 2025: Mens Pickem

matblake

Good game Cards. Mobile QB and experienced secondary was the difference in this one. Was puzzled by the lack of running plays by Wheaton and by continuously going after an all American defensive back. The Thunder will now need to go computer era of the BCS on the rest of the conference.

Kovo

#38834
Quote from: matblake on September 18, 2021, 09:46:55 PM
Good game Cards. Mobile QB and experienced secondary was the difference in this one. Was puzzled by the lack of running plays by Wheaton and by continuously going after an all American defensive back. The Thunder will now need to go computer era of the BCS on the rest of the conference.

Here is the reality.  Wheaton is a heck of a good team.  Several experts picked the Crusaders to win the whole thing, the coaches picked them to win the conference, and the panel picked them to win this game.  With that said, NCC walked in and won by two touchdowns in their house.  No disrespect intended, as I think that should Wheaton run the table they belong in the playoffs and could make a deep run.

However, how do you not vote NCC #1?!  What do they need to do? Win a National Championship?  Beat a ranked team by 50 points? (did anyone notice that Aurora won by 70 today?) Knock off a top 5 team on the road by two touchdowns?  Seriously?!  I could make a case that these are the two best teams in the country.  Somebody make the case that there is a team out there that should be ranked in front of NCC.  I would love to hear it.

As far as the rest of the NCC schedule, since sports betting is now legal in Florida, I will take the Cards to win out and give anyone who wants it the field for a $100 a pop.  Just send me a personal email if you want a piece of the action. (Maybe Pat can hold the money and we could talk him into a 5% vig instead of the usual 10%).