FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_jays, Kovo and 40 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mugsy

Quote from: raiderguy on September 15, 2006, 07:48:19 AM
Mugsy,

Just noticed your #800 post and a move up to All Conference!

Nice work.

Whoa... I didn't even realize there was a bump at post #800.  Cool.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

redman04

Quote from: RedmenFB44 on September 15, 2006, 06:32:16 AM
I know that in football when I played (2001-2004), we rivaled IWU because their coach at the time (I dont know if he is still there) would say terrible things about our program. He would say that we have terrible facilities (which is crazy we have one of if not the best) and that our coaches do not know how to coach and a recruit is wasting his time if he comes to Carthage. So every year we would try and get an extra little pop on someone at the end of a play, when we played IWU (legal of course  ;D) I dont know if that stands anymore with the Redmen but I would say the team we wanted to beat the most was IWU.

I think that the games against IWU were always great.  There was always a great deal of hitting and the games were always interesting.  We hated old norm then too and I still hate him!  I also think that Elmhurst is a good Rivalry with Carthage.  However ( No disrespect to Elmhurst, Jaybird) How much of a rivalry is it when Carthage has won 9 of the last 11.  For Carthage, I think that everyone hates them equally.
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

Mugsy

Quote from: matblake on September 15, 2006, 09:35:16 AM
Quote from: Mugsy on September 14, 2006, 05:18:50 PM
Speaking of posters who could stir things up... anyone remember "redbus" and his short-lived time on the CCIW board?

Short lived is right.  I think it only took him a couple of days to get banned.

Ranting on and on with inane points and then cussing out everyone (including the creator of D3Football) usually limits ones invitation here.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

matblake

Quote from: wally_wabash on September 15, 2006, 10:17:32 AM
Any thoughts from the Millikin crowd on this weekend's game at Wabash?  Some of the luster is off this one given last weekend's results, but it should still be a very good college football game. 

I think that this one will be a tight game.  I hate to pick against the CCIW, but I do think that Wabash will come out on top.  However, I am not very confident as Wallick can be an amazing back.  If he has a breakout day, watch out.  There have been some consistency issues with him, but that may have more to do with the offense than him personally.  According to the OAC board, the ONU v Millikin tilt seemed as if a few miscues by ONU kept this from being a larger  point differential.  However, over here it was attributed to tough D.

CardinalAlum

Quote from: Mugsy on September 15, 2006, 10:20:41 AM
Quote from: raiderguy on September 15, 2006, 07:48:19 AM
Mugsy,

Just noticed your #800 post and a move up to All Conference!

Nice work.

Whoa... I didn't even realize there was a bump at post #800.  Cool.

Does that make you better than me?  ::) ;D
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

Comet 14

I think that the games against IWU were always great.  There was always a great deal of hitting and the games were always interesting.  We hated old norm then too and I still hate him!  I also think that Elmhurst is a good Rivalry with Carthage.  However ( No disrespect to Elmhurst, Jaybird) How much of a rivalry is it when Carthage has won 9 of the last 11.  For Carthage, I think that everyone hates them equally.                                                                                                                                           You can't just choose an 11 year period to determine if there is a rivalry. I would be interested to see what the overall head to head record is for this match-up.

Mugsy

Quote from: Mugsy on September 15, 2006, 10:23:18 AM
Ranting on and on with inane points and then cussing out everyone (including the creator of D3Football) usually limits ones invitation here.

I know, I know... some would say the only difference from my posts is that I haven't cussed anyone out. :P
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

Mugsy

Quote from: CardinalAlum on September 15, 2006, 10:36:45 AM
Quote from: Mugsy on September 15, 2006, 10:20:41 AM
Whoa... I didn't even realize there was a bump at post #800.  Cool.

Does that make you better than me?  ::) ;D

Of course.  Notice that I have one more star below my name than you.  That makes me better. :)
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

CardinalAlum

Quote from: Comet 14 on September 15, 2006, 10:51:29 AM
I think that the games against IWU were always great.  There was always a great deal of hitting and the games were always interesting.  We hated old norm then too and I still hate him!  I also think that Elmhurst is a good Rivalry with Carthage.  However ( No disrespect to Elmhurst, Jaybird) How much of a rivalry is it when Carthage has won 9 of the last 11.  For Carthage, I think that everyone hates them equally.                                                                                                                                           You can't just choose an 11 year period to determine if there is a rivalry. I would be interested to see what the overall head to head record is for this match-up.

I must have missed this, but Comet, where did you play?
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

SLJH

Whoever you are"Cardinal Alumni" and I don't care.  Keep my name out of your mouth...... This is Sheldon Harris.

Mugsy

#4555
Quote from: SLJH on September 15, 2006, 11:01:11 AM
Whoever you are"Cardinal Alumni" and I don't care.  Keep my name out of your mouth...... This is Sheldon Harris.

Ah... the Elmhurst coaching staff returns to posting on this board.  Here we go again.

Unless of course someone just created a hotmail account to impersonate Coach Harris...
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

79jaybird

Carthage/Elmhurst series:  Carthage leads 34-19-1
My personal great rivalries
football  Cortland St./Ithaca   battle for Cortaca Jug
Purdue/Indiana    Oaken Bucket
Wabash/DePauw
Cornell/Coe  as somebody earlier mentioned, oldest rivalry W of Mississippi
basketball
Hope/Calvin which had the largest crowd for a D-3 basketball game

I think rivalries are what your HEART says, and how you "gear up" for the big game.  I know when I played, we always got the adrenaline going a little faster for the Carthage game.  Today's Bluejays, might act a little different.. .who knows?
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

CardinalAlum

Quote from: SLJH on September 15, 2006, 11:01:11 AM
Whoever you are"Cardinal Alumni" and I don't care.  Keep my name out of your mouth...... This is Sheldon Harris.


Oh, I see, changing your name and e-mail address makes a huge difference!  ::)  Don't worry I won't tell!

Sheldon Harris, Sheldon Harris, Sheldon Harris  :P
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

Patrick Coleman

Mr. Harris:

Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself and Elmhurst. Your original posts came from the address that is attributed to you ON YOUR SCHOOL'S WEB SITE.

Please stop. You aren't winning this argument. The evidence doesn't lie. You can't get a password without having access to the e-mail address you registered with, and that's your day job's address.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Mugsy

Rivalries from a Wheaton football perspective (over the last 25 years):

My profile picture says it all for me - a Wheaton College linebacker crushing the NCC QB.  Ah... brings a smile to my face every time I post. :)

North Central and Augustana in a virtually dead heat, IMO.  

Augustana: Year in and year out, they were the target for where we as a program wanted to be.  CCIW champs, National Champs...  Over the past decade, how many times has it come down to Augie vs. Wheaton?  

North Central:
Little Brass Bell, campus' 7 miles away, Naperville vs. Wheaton, etc... We NEVER have difficultly getting ready for this game regardless of records or importance of the game in terms of standings.  Just so happens that in recent years it has become even more interesting.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019