FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

Comet 14

" Stopping a team for a half, even 31/2 quarters is meaningless if you don't win "  AMEN

Comet 14

Jay-bird, How far away from Wheaton can I pick up the radio broadcast Sat. I will be at my daughters conference swim meet in Byron.

CardinalAlum

Quote from: Comet 14 on October 26, 2006, 11:47:51 AM
" Stopping a team for a half, even 31/2 quarters is meaningless if you don't win "  AMEN

Double AMEN
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

CardinalAlum

Quote from: Comet 14 on October 26, 2006, 11:50:20 AM
Jay-bird, How far away from Wheaton can I pick up the radio broadcast Sat. I will be at my daughters conference swim meet in Byron.

Comet,

I guess you will be listening to the NCC/Augie game then!   ;)  I have tried to pick up the Elmhurst signal with little luck unless I am in the immediate suburbs.  JB, do you agree?
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

CardinalAlum

Quote from: 79jaybird on October 26, 2006, 11:46:11 AM
Dunlop as I said before is one of the best RB's in the CCIW.  I would put him 3rd behind 1) Wallick 2) Black 3) Dunlop

Sorry, Jaybird, but I am disagreeing again.  I think you forgot someone in the top 3 this year!

RUSHING            Team Cl  G  Att  Yds   Avg TD Yds/G Long
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Black, Chaz.... WHEA SR  6  127  687   5.4  6 114.5   80
2. Wallick, Nathan MILL SR  7  159  720   4.5  4 102.9   35
3. Sulo, Dominic.. NCC  FR  7  123  596   4.8  6  85.1   44
4. Dunlop, Marcus. IWU  JR  7  122  436   3.6  2  62.3   23
5. Galliart, Josh. AUGI SO  7   84  427   5.1  3  61.0   42
6. Guzman, Mike... AUGI SR  7   84  420   5.0  3  60.0   76
7. Mengel, Tyson.. CART JR  7  108  365   3.4  7  52.1   25
8. O'Boyle, B..... CART SO  7   76  361   4.8  3  51.6   45
9. McGinnis, Ryan. AUGI JR  7  101  284   2.8  4  40.6   37

Now look at conference games only:
RUSHING            Team Cl  G  Att  Yds   Avg TD Yds/G Long
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Black, Chaz.... WHEA SR  3   79  403   5.1  3 134.3   56
2. Wallick, Nathan MILL SR  4   91  410   4.5  3 102.5   21
3. Sulo, Dominic.. NCC  FR  4   69  380   5.5  3  95.0   44
4. Galliart, Josh. AUGI SO  4   56  326   5.8  3  81.5   42
5. O'Boyle, B..... CART SO  4   50  292   5.8  2  73.0   45
6. Guzman, Mike... AUGI SR  4   48  279   5.8  2  69.8   76
7. Mengel, Tyson.. CART JR  4   65  276   4.2  5  69.0   25
8. McGinnis, Ryan. AUGI JR  4   65  242   3.7  3  60.5   37
9. Dunlop, Marcus. IWU  JR  4   52  192   3.7  1  48.0   21
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

Comet 14

What radio station is the ncc/Augie game on?

CardinalAlum

Quote from: Comet 14 on October 26, 2006, 12:09:58 PM
What radio station is the ncc/Augie game on?

WONC 89.1  Their signal is fairly strong.
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

Comet 14

Do they give regular updates of other CCIW games?

CardinalAlum

D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

TitanBacker

Quote from: CardinalAlum on October 26, 2006, 11:58:25 AM
Quote from: 79jaybird on October 26, 2006, 11:46:11 AM
Dunlop as I said before is one of the best RB's in the CCIW.  I would put him 3rd behind 1) Wallick 2) Black 3) Dunlop

Sorry, Jaybird, but I am disagreeing again.  I think you forgot someone in the top 3 this year!

RUSHING            Team Cl  G  Att  Yds   Avg TD Yds/G Long
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Black, Chaz.... WHEA SR  6  127  687   5.4  6 114.5   80
2. Wallick, Nathan MILL SR  7  159  720   4.5  4 102.9   35
3. Sulo, Dominic.. NCC  FR  7  123  596   4.8  6  85.1   44
4. Dunlop, Marcus. IWU  JR  7  122  436   3.6  2  62.3   23
5. Galliart, Josh. AUGI SO  7   84  427   5.1  3  61.0   42
6. Guzman, Mike... AUGI SR  7   84  420   5.0  3  60.0   76
7. Mengel, Tyson.. CART JR  7  108  365   3.4  7  52.1   25
8. O'Boyle, B..... CART SO  7   76  361   4.8  3  51.6   45
9. McGinnis, Ryan. AUGI JR  7  101  284   2.8  4  40.6   37

Now look at conference games only:
RUSHING            Team Cl  G  Att  Yds   Avg TD Yds/G Long
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Black, Chaz.... WHEA SR  3   79  403   5.1  3 134.3   56
2. Wallick, Nathan MILL SR  4   91  410   4.5  3 102.5   21
3. Sulo, Dominic.. NCC  FR  4   69  380   5.5  3  95.0   44
4. Galliart, Josh. AUGI SO  4   56  326   5.8  3  81.5   42
5. O'Boyle, B..... CART SO  4   50  292   5.8  2  73.0   45
6. Guzman, Mike... AUGI SR  4   48  279   5.8  2  69.8   76
7. Mengel, Tyson.. CART JR  4   65  276   4.2  5  69.0   25
8. McGinnis, Ryan. AUGI JR  4   65  242   3.7  3  60.5   37
9. Dunlop, Marcus. IWU  JR  4   52  192   3.7  1  48.0   21


I can see your point, but when did Dunlop wrench his ankle?  I know he missed a game and hasn't been the same since.  Not to make excuses, but th kid needs a strong O line and i'd agree he's in the top 3.
"We are ready to fight for the green and the white of dear old Wesleyan,
For her honor and fame and her glorious name we will stand every loyal fan."

TitanBacker

fightintitan-

How are the flowers coming along??  ;D :D ;) :)
"We are ready to fight for the green and the white of dear old Wesleyan,
For her honor and fame and her glorious name we will stand every loyal fan."

NCC_alum62

I look at the Concordia game and I see a team that was completly unprepared on the part of NCC.  They just didn't have the right personel in for most of the game.  The starting D-line was thier lightest possible package of Heock, Hannon, Guzzaldo, and Imbordino. These guys are great athletes and can rush the passer but Hannon is the biggest of that bunch at about 270 lbs and the rest probably come in below 250 (Guzaldo and Imbordino for sure) Now they have thier bigger guys go in in running situations and aside from the Wheaton game have played very well against the run.

I picked NCC close becuase I know Coach Bill Weinke will have cooked up some good packages just for Auggie.  Our coaching staff has been obsessed with beating them since the 65-0 drubbing we took Thornes first year.  He will put his best players in the best position to stop the Auggie ground game.  It will be up to the D to step up and make the plays.  Our offense has been very good this season.  They need to make Auggie chase like they did the year we beat them at home 31-10.

GO CARDS!!

NCC_alum62

Dominic Sulo is a very very good freshman runner for NCC...Not the speedburst of Steve Holden, but he is harder to bring down and has made a heck of a difference for Kam and the passing offense because out of the same formations we can pass or run draw/option and keep the D honest.  I have been pleasently surprised by NCC's ground game this year. (I know we didn't play well against MU, but away at thier place, on that muddy grass field (I hated playing at Milikin), and against a very physical team like MU to be honest I wasn't expecting us to win that game and was very happy to see them pull outta there with any kind of victory.

sotha sil

Just looked at the region rankings....If CUW wins out could see a CUW CCIW game again....If its vs. Augie we could see the quickest game in football history

Mugsy

Quote from: sotha sil on October 26, 2006, 12:45:34 PM
Just looked at the region rankings....If CUW wins out could see a CUW CCIW game again....If its vs. Augie we could see the quickest game in football history

Especially with the new speed up rules at the end of the half.  2 hours? :P
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019