FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Tradition and 42 Guests are viewing this topic.

79jaybird

All I can say is WHOA!  And that is probably an "overdue" Whoa!  to North Central and specifically Kniss.
Kniss just dominated this afternoon. He looked like a premier QB and living up to his All American Status.  What a Gentleman to talk to after the game also!  Very modest and respectful.
Look out Capital because the Cardinals are coming.  Geez, they shut out Augustana and (for all practical purposes) shut out CUW,  you think they know how to handle the Wing T?

Glad to see Wheaton and Coach Swider knock off the Mount.  That's uh, St. Joseph ;)  Let's hope we can make it 2 for 2 again next weekend.

CardinalAlum-- Great to meet you at the game today!  Great to finally put a face with the messages  :D  Very happy for you and exciting time for a Cardinal Football Alum.  First NCC Playoff victory in their second ever appearance,  that's something special.  I was glad to be apart of it.

Robert Goulet (or anybody) were you listening in on the d3football.com webcast?  
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

79jaybird

"My post yesterday, it seems was offbase"
SaintsFan,  that could be said for a LOT OF PEOPLE!  Especially the NC/CUW game.  I think everybody expected this game to be a lot closer than the game turned out to be.  It went from 0-0 after 1 to 21-0 in a hurry and CUW just couldn't respond. 

VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

crusader26

Quote from: New Tradition on November 18, 2006, 06:27:31 PM
The CCIW represnted very well today.  I love turning heads around the nation with such lopsided scores!  Congrats to both the Cards and the Thunder for their efforts against 2 of the 32 best teams in the nation!  Lets see how we do in the sweet 16.  Now, lets take it to Capital and Mount Union in this CCIW/OAC showdown and really solidify ourselves as the premier football conference in the nation!

Be careful what you ask for, as you may be raking your own leaves come next Saturday!!  Congrats to NCC!!  I am looking forward to the game next Sat....Pentello vs. Kniss should be the showdown of All-Americans!!  See you in C-Bus!!

New Tradition

Quote from: crusader26 on November 18, 2006, 07:46:08 PM
Quote from: New Tradition on November 18, 2006, 06:27:31 PM
The CCIW represnted very well today.  I love turning heads around the nation with such lopsided scores!  Congrats to both the Cards and the Thunder for their efforts against 2 of the 32 best teams in the nation!  Lets see how we do in the sweet 16.  Now, lets take it to Capital and Mount Union in this CCIW/OAC showdown and really solidify ourselves as the premier football conference in the nation!

Be careful what you ask for, as you may be raking your own leaves come next Saturday!!  Congrats to NCC!!  I am looking forward to the game next Sat....Pentello vs. Kniss should be the showdown of All-Americans!!  See you in C-Bus!!

I am well aware of what I am asking for.  In order for the CCIW to be considered the best, they have to beat the best, which is currently the OAC.  I was simply stating that we need to make the best of this wonderful opportunity to do just that.  Congrats to the Crusaders and I cannot wait for the Cards to have a chance to avenge last years loss (which consequently ended my career).  It should be a game for the ages!  I will certainly be there!  Nothing could keep me away from this.
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

CardinalAlum

First of all, congrats to Wheaton and their people.  Way to represent the conference!  Words can't describe the special feeling the first playoff victory for the Cardinals meant to everyone involved.  To see the amount of support at the game was great!  We easily had twice as many fans as Concordia.  Great game today by the Cards!  They were ready to play and dominated this game.  Kniss was every bit the player of the year today and the O-line did a fantastic job against a VERY big and physical front 4 for CUW.  Defensively, we basically shut them down except for a coverage breakdown by the 2nd team defense.  Big week to get ready for a very good Capital team.  

Jaybird,
Great meeting you as well!  I will go on record as saying that you are not the NCC hater that everyone believes you to be!   :D
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

CardinalAlum

Quote from: New Tradition on November 18, 2006, 08:18:43 PM

I am well aware of what I am asking for.  In order for the CCIW to be considered the best, they have to beat the best, which is currently the OAC.  I was simply stating that we need to make the best of this wonderful opportunity to do just that.  Congrats to the Crusaders and I cannot wait for the Cards to have a chance to avenge last years loss (which consequently ended my career).  It should be a game for the ages!  I will certainly be there!  Nothing could keep me away from this.

Well said!
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

New Tradition

Quote from: CardinalAlum on November 18, 2006, 08:19:50 PM
Quote from: New Tradition on November 18, 2006, 08:18:43 PM

I am well aware of what I am asking for.  In order for the CCIW to be considered the best, they have to beat the best, which is currently the OAC.  I was simply stating that we need to make the best of this wonderful opportunity to do just that.  Congrats to the Crusaders and I cannot wait for the Cards to have a chance to avenge last years loss (which consequently ended my career).  It should be a game for the ages!  I will certainly be there!  Nothing could keep me away from this.

Well said!

Thanks!  And thanks for the karma boost too!  :)
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

CardinalAlum

You're welcome!  Enjoy the celebration!  See you next week!
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

New Tradition

I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

matblake

Well, looks like it is time for the regular Wheaton trip down to Alliance.  As ever, the Mount looks to be a very scary team.  Excellent weapons on offense with great offensive line.  As usual, I think their defense is underrated this year because everyone likes to talk about Garcon, Kmic, and Jorris (the reasons why being obvious). 

I have to say that Wheatons kickoffs are of concern to me.  It seems as if most teams have been able to get a decent run back on them so far.  Mugsy posted some time back on how special teams have made a difference in Wheaton's previous matchups with the Raiders.

I believe that Wheaton is capable of playing with the Raiders, they just have to play flawlessly.  Hopefully their lackluster performance in the second half will inspire them to prepare and perform to the fullest.  Ironically, this would be a makeable trip for me from MI, but of course I will be at my parents in Grayslake for the Thanksgiving weekend.  The irony abounds...... >:( 


matblake

North Central does it!  Congrats on your first ever playoff win.  Interesting matchup with Capital.  Personally, I think that North Central has figured out what they are all about and if they can keep that game going then it should be a great game.  Kniss v Pentello II.  Sounds like a UFC matchup.


sotha sil

NCC played great...that QB...WOW!!!!...hope CUW can get to the point of winning these damned playoff games...i think the seniors put down a good foundation..I like how NCCs players acted..a few of them acted like real asses (71) but the QB and most of the defense had class and played like champs...good luck to them...

oh and that running game of theirs is never the main talk but they have some backs that hit the hole hard as hell...go "upset" some ppl...

ncc58

Quote from: CardinalAlum on November 18, 2006, 08:18:51 PM
Jaybird,
Great meeting you as well!  I will go on record as saying that you are not the NCC hater that everyone believes you to be!   :D

I was told that JB had some nice things to say about NCC, and he was finally impressed with Kniss. ;D More +karma to JB.

ncc58

Quote from: sotha sil on November 18, 2006, 09:16:56 PM
NCC played great...that QB...WOW!!!!...hope CUW can get to the point of winning these damned playoff games...i think the seniors put down a good foundation..I like how NCCs players acted..a few of them acted like real asses (71) but the QB and most of the defense had class and played like champs...good luck to them...

oh and that running game of theirs is never the main talk but they have some backs that hit the hole hard as hell...go "upset" some ppl...

And CUW gets to see NCC in their next game ... again.  ;)

79jaybird

As I told CardinalAlum in a personal message off this board, I was throughly impressed with the entire atmosphere at Raabe Stadium (Wi Lutheran) this afternoon.  The Cardinals' traveled well and outnumbered the CUW fans 3-1!  3-1 NC fans and CUW is just a hop away from WI Lutheran on the other side of Milwaukee.  The red (personal) tent, the red NC jackets, the Cardinals flag blowing in the East Stands, what more could you have asked for at a "neutral" site?  I will also say that I was really impressed with the field at Raabe Stadium.  Great Turf with sharp Green and Black Endzones (Warriors text).
In talking with some of the NC players and Coach Thorne after the game, this is a very CLASSY group.  For example, Kam can you comment on the game?  "It all started off with the defense up front.  They played solid up front.  They really stepped up and stuffed them. (CUW)  I don't think they have been hit like that in a long time."
How humble is Kniss to talk about his DEFENSE first knowing that he is the most explosive offensive tool in the CCIW and his offense put up 35 today?

This is a totally different team right now that has fine tuned the small "impurities" that were present in the early season.  Capital is a very good team also.  I think that if Kniss gets as much time as he did today next week, Capital will struggle to defend NC.
I love Coach Thorne's comment after the game
(Me)  Coach Thorne, congratulations, you have won the first playoff game in school history and earned the revenge from week 1 vs. CUW."
"Thank you Mark.  We call them DO-OVERS  :) and hope that we play better football than the first time we have met these teams." 
Do-overs  made me chuckle.  My old FB Coach called them "no brainers" but I think NC will prevail next week in Columbus as the momentum is clearly with the Cards.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION