FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoIrish7 and 38 Guests are viewing this topic.

CardinalAlum

Quote from: washdupcard on March 27, 2008, 04:17:40 PM
Is it seriously snowing out right now....this is horse$#!%.

Oh come on, one of my favorite NCC/Wheaton games was played in this type of weather!! ;D 
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

Carthage Fan

Quote from: 79jaybird on March 27, 2008, 12:21:39 PM
Any Carthage fans know the (correct) time for the Elmhurst/Carthage game this fall?

Elmhurst's website says it is a 6pm game  and Carthage's website says it is a 1pm game. 


It is Carthage homecoming so I am assuming (yea, I know, I know) that it will be a 1 pm start.  Hey,  wonder if they will illuminate Torchy's head for night games this year.   ;D
"Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it."
George Halas

Mugsy

For those interested in following the progress of Andrew Studebaker as he works towards NFL draft day, there was an article and blog in the Sun Times.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/03/nfl_finds_studebaker_at_tiny_w.html
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

usee

Quote from: Mugsy on March 29, 2008, 11:36:14 PM
For those interested in following the progress of Andrew Studebaker as he works towards NFL draft day, there was an article and blog in the Sun Times.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/03/nfl_finds_studebaker_at_tiny_w.html

Well, if he can run in the 4.5's again at Northwestern as a 255lb guy I would think he is going to see some looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LbDVnb0UU

updated video profile.

Carthage Fan

#14284
Quote from: usee on March 30, 2008, 08:51:37 AM
Quote from: Mugsy on March 29, 2008, 11:36:14 PM
For those interested in following the progress of Andrew Studebaker as he works towards NFL draft day, there was an article and blog in the Sun Times.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/03/nfl_finds_studebaker_at_tiny_w.html

Well, if he can run in the 4.5's again at Northwestern as a 255lb guy I would think he is going to see some looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LbDVnb0UU

updated video profile.

Impressive.  Just a question.  With that size and speed why did he choose to play in DIII vs. DI or DII?  Just curious.
"Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it."
George Halas

usee

Quote from: Carthage Fan on March 31, 2008, 08:19:46 AM
Quote from: usee on March 30, 2008, 08:51:37 AM
Quote from: Mugsy on March 29, 2008, 11:36:14 PM
For those interested in following the progress of Andrew Studebaker as he works towards NFL draft day, there was an article and blog in the Sun Times.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/03/nfl_finds_studebaker_at_tiny_w.html

Well, if he can run in the 4.5's again at Northwestern as a 255lb guy I would think he is going to see some looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LbDVnb0UU

updated video profile.

Impressive.  Just a question.  With that size and speed why did he choose to play in DIII vs. DI or DII?  Just curious.

remember he was a 215lb freshman. not many D1 defensive ends at that size. I think he physically blossomed in the workout program after his freshman and sophomore yrs.

matblake


washdupcard

Quote from: CardinalAlum on March 27, 2008, 04:57:10 PM
Quote from: washdupcard on March 27, 2008, 04:17:40 PM
Is it seriously snowing out right now....this is horse$#!%.

Oh come on, one of my favorite NCC/Wheaton games was played in this type of weather!! ;D 

Are you referring to the 1997 snow bowl...when we won the brass bell?   That was one of the funnest games I ever played in....that and the 1998 game against Millikin when it poured all day and the field was like a marsh.  ahhhhh memories.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything
that's even remotely true!"   Homer Simpson.

usee

Quote from: washdupcard on April 03, 2008, 07:07:15 PM
Quote from: CardinalAlum on March 27, 2008, 04:57:10 PM
Quote from: washdupcard on March 27, 2008, 04:17:40 PM
Is it seriously snowing out right now....this is horse$#!%.

Oh come on, one of my favorite NCC/Wheaton games was played in this type of weather!! ;D 

Are you referring to the 1997 snow bowl...when we won the brass bell?   

I guess you guys gotta have someting to celebrate once every 20 yrs or so.  ;D

cardinaldad

A while ago, there were some posts regarding a D1 player transferring to NCC. I don't remember reading anything about the fact of who it was. Was it ever announced?

cardinaldad

I know it's a bit late and this is a football board ( I know a lot of you Wheaties post on the b-ball board too), but I want to say congrats to Wheaton on a great basketball season. Way to do the CCIW proud.

usee

Quote from: cardinaldad on April 07, 2008, 06:11:30 PM
I know it's a bit late and this is a football board ( I know a lot of you Wheaties post on the b-ball board too), but I want to say congrats to Wheaton on a great basketball season. Way to do the CCIW proud.

C-dad,

THanks for the sentiment. It was a great run for the THunder, a memorable season. You must admit, however, it was easier for you to post that knowing the Cardinal was 2-0 vs the Thunder this season.  ;D :( :( ;)

washdupcard

"The Cardinal"  I like that.  It sounds very imposing.  Like there is some gigantic Godzilla like Cardinal roaming the streets of Wheaton looking for Wheaties to prey upon.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything
that's even remotely true!"   Homer Simpson.

Mugsy

Quote from: washdupcard on April 09, 2008, 04:11:19 PM
"The Cardinal"  I like that.  It sounds very imposing.  Like there is some gigantic Godzilla like Cardinal roaming the streets of Wheaton looking for Wheaties to prey upon.

More like not looking for the window it just flew into... and again... and again... and again.   ::)
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

Gregory Sager

Quote from: washdupcard on April 09, 2008, 04:11:19 PM
"The Cardinal"  I like that.  It sounds very imposing.  Like there is some gigantic Godzilla like Cardinal roaming the streets of Wheaton looking for Wheaties to prey upon.

That's Stanford's nickname, of course ... the Cardinal.

The Stanford mascot isn't a gargantuan redbird capable of plowing through DuPage County like some rubber-suited actor on the model set of a Japanese monster movie, however. That's because Stanford is not nicknamed after Cardinalis cardinalis, as are North Central, Plattsburgh State, Catholic, Louisville, the St. Louis major league baseball team, etc. Instead, Stanford is nicknamed after the bright red color itself that is seen in males of the Cardinalis cardinalis species and in the vestments of high-ranking Roman Catholic prelates. Stanford's mascot is a tree, an homage to the 110-foot-tall redwood called "el Palo Alto" after which the city of Palo Alto, CA (where Stanford is located) is named. In Spanish, el Palo Alto means "the tall stick".

We've talked about funny-looking mascots in here from time to time, mostly because of Carthage's Torchy. Stanford's Tree is certainly a contender in the dorky mascot sweepstakes.
"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude." ― G.K. Chesterton