FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mugsy

I should also point out that on the 2007 roster there were 10 players out of 91 from the state of Texas.

I would say Wheaton has average 7-8 players from Texas over the last decade.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

orsky

Quote from: usee on June 03, 2008, 09:07:52 AM
Quote from: orsky on June 02, 2008, 10:06:13 PM
6'5" 280 OL, 6'4" 290 OL, 6'3" 260 OL, 5'11" 240 OL, 6'2" 220 LB, 6'1" 175 WR, 6'1" 175 S, 6'2" WR, 5'10" 195 LB are just a few of the kids.  Multiple all-staters and record setters'  That's enough for now.

I think the point is that you made a subjective observation about talent, and speed and an objective observation about size. All of which is fine but the list you linked here had no information other than names, high schools and hometowns.

Even your answer here only answers the size question (are cciw opponents going to be worried about a 5'10" freshman lb?) and a partial on talent with no specifics.

history here has shown that providing more detail is usually better than none when stating your case subjectively.

What I did was enter the players in Google and read about them individually.  I was very impressed by what I read, but don't have the time to highlight each player here.  Sorry about making comments and not posting the results.  I think others will do the same type of search and find that this is a good class.

Ralph Turner

If Wheaton has tapped into Covenant Christian, then that is one less D-III player going to Austin College, Trinity or the ASC.    :(

And, yes, Gregory is correct about Texas women.   ;)


Carthage Fan

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 04, 2008, 08:44:58 AM
Having said all that, if actress Minka Kelly on Friday Night Lights is a legitimately representative simulation of the real thing, then I am willing to concede the superiority of Texas cheerleaders in general. ;)

I am partial to Connie Britton myself.   :)

Good news for FNL fans, appears it is returning next season. 
"Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it."
George Halas

CardinalAlum

I have been talking for a couple of months about a D-1 transfer for the Cardinals and I am told he is officially in the fold.  Welcome University of Illinois transfer and former Montini all-stater, Mike Mucha to the beloved Cardinals.  Here is his bio from the Illinois website.  Not sure where they will play him, but you can never have enough quality athletes and he is a great one!   :) :) :) :) :)

http://fightingillini.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mucha_mike00.html
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

Jim Matson

I think Jaybird might have something there.

After listening to the most recent Philadelphia Eagle update, I think Studebaker will make the team this season.  Reid is really committed to defensive speed this year.  And Gocong's success I think will help Andy's case - a young new linebacker with smarts and speed.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

usee

Quote from: Jim Matson on June 08, 2008, 10:57:14 PM
I think Jaybird might have something there.

After listening to the most recent Philadelphia Eagle update, I think Studebaker will make the team this season.  Reid is really committed to defensive speed this year.  And Gocong's success I think will help Andy's case - a young new linebacker with smarts and speed.

I don't disagree. It wouldn't be at all surprising to see Studebaker make the team. His physical skills and numbers are better than a majority of NFL players and that alone is worth an ivestment to see if he can play.

redman04

Anyone heard anything about the OC at Carthage? Have they made a hire yet???
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

usee

Quote from: redman04 on June 13, 2008, 10:23:58 AM
Anyone heard anything about the OC at Carthage? Have they made a hire yet???

I heard they hired Big John Sedeska to run the offense, defense, special teams and school.

John is also up for the same spot at all the other 7 conference schools. It is said he will try to coach them all;and, if the schools allow it, he can and will.

redman04

Quote from: usee on June 13, 2008, 12:04:40 PM
Quote from: redman04 on June 13, 2008, 10:23:58 AM
Anyone heard anything about the OC at Carthage? Have they made a hire yet???

I heard they hired Big John Sedeska to run the offense, defense, special teams and school.

John is also up for the same spot at all the other 7 conference schools. It is said he will try to coach them all;and, if the schools allow it, he can and will.

Well Played Sir!
+K!!
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

redman04

Quote from: usee on June 13, 2008, 12:04:40 PM

I heard they hired Big John Sedeska to run the offense, defense, special teams and school.

John is also up for the same spot at all the other 7 conference schools. It is said he will try to coach them all;and, if the schools allow it, he can and will.
SURVEY TIME!

1. John Sedeska vs A hurricane.... But the Hurricane is named Hurricane Sedeska?
2. John Sedeska vs God in game of golf?
3. John Sedeska vs the entire CCIW in a football game?
 HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

mr_b

Quote from: usee on June 13, 2008, 12:04:40 PM
Quote from: redman04 on June 13, 2008, 10:23:58 AM
Anyone heard anything about the OC at Carthage? Have they made a hire yet???

I heard they hired Big John Sedeska to run the offense, defense, special teams and school.

John is also up for the same spot at all the other 7 conference schools. It is said he will try to coach them all;and, if the schools allow it, he can and will.
And if he is hired simultaneously by all eight teams in the CCIW, he will lead each one to an undefeated record.

Gotberg

Quote from: mr_b on June 13, 2008, 04:01:31 PM
Quote from: usee on June 13, 2008, 12:04:40 PM
Quote from: redman04 on June 13, 2008, 10:23:58 AM
Anyone heard anything about the OC at Carthage? Have they made a hire yet???

I heard they hired Big John Sedeska to run the offense, defense, special teams and school.

John is also up for the same spot at all the other 7 conference schools. It is said he will try to coach them all;and, if the schools allow it, he can and will.
And if he is hired simultaneously by all eight teams in the CCIW, he will lead each one to an undefeated record.

Well of course - each CCIW game would end in a tie :)
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

mr_b

Quote from: Gotberg on June 13, 2008, 04:27:53 PM
Quote from: mr_b on June 13, 2008, 04:01:31 PM
Quote from: usee on June 13, 2008, 12:04:40 PM
Quote from: redman04 on June 13, 2008, 10:23:58 AM
Anyone heard anything about the OC at Carthage? Have they made a hire yet???

I heard they hired Big John Sedeska to run the offense, defense, special teams and school.

John is also up for the same spot at all the other 7 conference schools. It is said he will try to coach them all;and, if the schools allow it, he can and will.
And if he is hired simultaneously by all eight teams in the CCIW, he will lead each one to an undefeated record.

Well of course - each CCIW game would end in a tie :)
We're talking about John Sedeska here -- he won't settle for a tie, even when competing against himself.

Redmen96

Ok here we go.

John Sedeska vs Hurricane Sedeska  ---  I am going with John Sedeska.  It would be a tough match but if the storm is not named Hurricane John F. Sedeska than it could be someone else and therefore not able to win.

John Sedeska vs GOD in golf. ----  I am going with John Sedeska although GOD's score would be 18, have a perfect round and a hole in one on every shot, John Sedeska's score would be one.  His ball would travel around to each hole on its own after his first shot in fear of John Sedeska hitting it again.


John Sedeska vs CCIW ---  In a Battle Royal with everyone ever from the CCIW the answer is obvious John Sedeska.  But in a game of football, a game that thrives on teamwork and multiple skills for all of the different positions I am going to have to go with .............. John Sedeska.
We will always be REDMEN