FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 38 Guests are viewing this topic.

usee

Just trying to get my last shots in before the big game. :)

usee

Thanks for the bit on ittersagen. He may not have the speed or quicks for the next level but he isn't any smaller than many of the corners in the NFL and I can guarantee you he is as strong or stronger than most of them.

CardinalAlum

Quote from: USee on October 25, 2008, 12:00:52 AM
Just trying to get my last shots in before the big game. :)

I would be disappointed if you didn't!!!
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

dansand

#16263
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 24, 2008, 05:15:23 PM
dennis,

A kickoff from the opponent's 20 - WOW!  That's one I've never seen!

And what could they do EXCEPT an onside kick?  The rules, alas, don't allow for a fg, a regular kick is a guaranteed touchback (so zero yards), and kicking out of bounds would leave them with signifcant negative yardage. ;)

NPU should have gone for a fourth unsportsmanlike penalty - then IBC would really be stuck, since an onside kick couldn't go 10 yards! ;D

In 1978 when my high school, Moline, was playing Davenport Central (who had future NFL great Roger Craig and another NFL alum, Jamie Williams) and getting stomped something like 56-7, a combination of sacks and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties left them with an unbelievable 4th-and-78. Honest to God. BTW, they punted.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: dansand on October 25, 2008, 12:22:15 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 24, 2008, 05:15:23 PM
dennis,

A kickoff from the opponent's 20 - WOW!  That's one I've never seen!

And what could they do EXCEPT an onside kick?  The rules, alas, don't allow for a fg, a regular kick is a guaranteed touchback (so zero yards), and kicking out of bounds would leave them with signifcant negative yardage. ;)

NPU should have gone for a fourth unsportsmanlike penalty - then IBC would really be stuck, since an onside kick couldn't go 10 yards! ;D

In 1977 when my high school, Moline, was playing Davenport Central (who had future NFL great Roger Craig and another NFL alum, Jamie Williams) and getting stomped something like 56-7, a combination of sacks and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties left them with an unbelievable 4th-and-78. Honest to God. BTW, they punted.

Ahh, no guts, no glory.  I say GO FOR IT on 4th and 78! :D

matblake

Quote from: dansand on October 25, 2008, 12:22:15 AM
In 1977 when my high school, Moline, was playing Davenport Central (who had future NFL great Roger Craig and another NFL alum, Jamie Williams) and getting stomped something like 56-7, a combination of sacks and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties left them with an unbelievable 4th-and-78.

That has to be some sort of record.  I hereby declare the above to be the most impossible 4th down conversion ever. 

Patrick Coleman

Geez. Should've quick-kicked on third-and-50.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

usee


usee


Jim Matson

#16269
Usee, poke fun at the soccer boards all you want, and yeah, I know they are a bit slow. :-\  But this particular page used to be a ghost town as well.  A few us stuck with it and in time, momentum picked up, guys like you signed on, and now it seems to be working quite well (!!).  So even with your best wishes, and of course, given a little time ;), I think our efforts over on the soccer pages are going to work out just fine.
Managing Editor, D3soccer.com

shepherd


usee

Jim,

I wasn't poking fun at the soccer boards. More just you. I am glad you are committed to it.

"Guys like you"?? You must be kidding. I don't think there are many that predate me on these boards unfortunately. I remember before pat started this board the pioneer league had a d3 board. I have been here since day 1 my friend. Not a badge of honor but a pathetic fact.

New Tradition

Quote from: Go Thunder on October 25, 2008, 05:01:11 PM
WOW UWW losses
UW SP 17 UWW 16


That HUUUGE!!!  I guess UWSP put together a great drive at the end of the game and scored with 15 seconds left on the clock, then went for 2 for the win and converted rather than go to overtime with the Warhawks.  Should make the poll very interesting after tonight's game!
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

Mr. Ypsi

Looks like MHB will lose to 2-5 SOU (down by 12 with about 7 minutes left).

Looks like if Wheaton wins they'll rise to #2; if NCC wins they'll probably place either 2nd or 3rd.


Scoreboard still has no NPU/Millikin score - how'd it finish?

usee

I would highly doubt naperville would jump wabash even w a convincing win tonight.

Millikin was up 34-15 late