FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

usee

Quote from: letsplay2 on October 26, 2008, 02:34:33 PM

Usee... it was woodward that pass interfered on that play.  I definitely would not say langs had a poor game, but that each of the safeties played poorly.  ittersagen and langs did what they could given the scheme Wheaton plays, granted they also made mistakes last night.  most of the big pass plays came when north central would run receivers underneath to contain the cover two corners and run a slot to the deep outside zone where the safeties were constantly too late getting over to their zones.  On top of that, Wheaton's linebackers were not able to cover the short routes, leaving those zones WIDE open all night long.  North central obviously knew these were the weaknesses in the Wheaton D and somewhat stayed away from Ittersagen and Langs.     

thanks for the clarification on Woodward. I was mistaken on that play. Langs was beaten several times including 1x for 30 yds that led to a cardinal TD. I wouldn't say he played well. In fact, when your defense has no sacks and gives up 44 pts to go with 450+ yds there's not a lot of good going on. BTW, if a slot is running a deep corner route, that's the job of the cover 2 corner to get underneath it. remember the bears vs atlanta?

NCC.2008

Top 25 is out... North Central moves to #2 while Wheaton drops to #15

New Tradition

#16322
UNREAL!!!!  In 7 seasons John Thorne & Co. take North Central from a 3-7 doormat to the second ranked team in the NATION.  Congrats to all the players and coaches at NCC.

NOW FINISH THE SEASON STRONG AND SHOW THE NATION WHAT YOU CAN DO!!!
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

FormerCard

Quote from: New Tradition on October 26, 2008, 10:14:30 PM
UNREAL!!!!  In 7 seasons John Thorne takes North Central from a 3-7 doormat to the second ranked team in the NATION.  Congrats to all the players and coaches at NCC.

NOW FINISH THE SEASON STRONG AND SHOW THE NATION WHAT YOU CAN DO!!!

Agreed,  it really is unreal if you start to think about it and the level that we used to play at and where we are now. 
Go Cards

Mugsy

Quote from: FormerCard on October 26, 2008, 10:36:29 PM
Quote from: New Tradition on October 26, 2008, 10:14:30 PM
UNREAL!!!!  In 7 seasons John Thorne takes North Central from a 3-7 doormat to the second ranked team in the NATION.  Congrats to all the players and coaches at NCC.

NOW FINISH THE SEASON STRONG AND SHOW THE NATION WHAT YOU CAN DO!!!

Agreed,  it really is unreal if you start to think about it and the level that we used to play at and where we are now. 


I like it better at the level you used to play at.   :-\ :P
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

FormerCard

#16325
Quote from: Mugsy on October 26, 2008, 10:42:05 PM
Quote from: FormerCard on October 26, 2008, 10:36:29 PM
Quote from: New Tradition on October 26, 2008, 10:14:30 PM
UNREAL!!!!  In 7 seasons John Thorne takes North Central from a 3-7 doormat to the second ranked team in the NATION.  Congrats to all the players and coaches at NCC.

NOW FINISH THE SEASON STRONG AND SHOW THE NATION WHAT YOU CAN DO!!!

Agreed,  it really is unreal if you start to think about it and the level that we used to play at and where we are now. 


I like it better at the level you used to play at.   :-\ :P

I am sure you are not alone out there...  :D
It sure has made the tailgates alot more fun for everyone!

+Karma for everyone, this is huge step for the NC program and CCIW as well, or maybe I am just in the mood to do alot of applauding and no smiting (I did win my fantasy football matchup today)
Go Cards

New Tradition

Quote from: FormerCard on October 26, 2008, 10:48:20 PM
+Karma for everyone, this is huge step for the NC program and CCIW as well

I'll buy a round too!  ;D
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

FormerCard

Quote from: New Tradition on October 26, 2008, 10:52:28 PM
Quote from: FormerCard on October 26, 2008, 10:48:20 PM
+Karma for everyone, this is huge step for the NC program and CCIW as well

I'll buy a round too!  ;D

Thanks NT, bring out the credit card
Go Cards

cardinaldad

#16328
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Cards put an entire game together!! Credit the coaches. The Cards were very well prepared on the offensive and defensive side of the ball as well as special teams. Three claps for the coaches. (clap, clap, clap!) And, the players carried out the schemes magnificently and played their hearts out. Three claps for the players(clap, clap, clap!!) And, the penalties were limited. Again, kudos to the coaches and players!!!! As intense as this game was and as hard hitting as it was, it was refreshing to see the good sportsmanship of each team helping a player from the opposing team up off the turf every once in a while!!

ding-a-ling-a-ling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cardinaldad

Keep your heads on Cards!!!! Three more wins.......one at a time of course. No let down!!!!!!!!! Three tough games to go yet!!!!!!

FormerCard

Quote from: cardinaldad on October 26, 2008, 10:58:43 PM
Keep your heads on Cards!!!! Three more wins.......one at a time of course. No let down!!!!!!!!! Three tough games to go yet!!!!!!


Cardinaldad loves exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;)
Go Cards

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: cardinaldad on October 26, 2008, 10:58:43 PM
Keep your heads on Cards!!!! Three more wins.......one at a time of course. No let down!!!!!!!!! Three tough games to go yet!!!!!!

I was about to say you'd better hold off on the celebrating just yet.  I'm sure the Titans will TRY to show up and play a game on Saturday. ::) ;)

(Though I confess, even this 'Green Weenie' probably won't pick 'em in the pickems. :()

cardinaldad

What happened to NPU? I was soooo disappointed with the outcome of their game vs. Millikin.

cardinaldad

Quote from: FormerCard on October 26, 2008, 11:06:36 PM
Quote from: cardinaldad on October 26, 2008, 10:58:43 PM
Keep your heads on Cards!!!! Three more wins.......one at a time of course. No let down!!!!!!!!! Three tough games to go yet!!!!!!


Cardinaldad loves exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;)


I'm so excited. I need to express my point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ::)

cardinaldad

Quote from: Mugsy on October 26, 2008, 12:11:16 AM
Quote from: CardinalAlum on October 25, 2008, 11:14:08 PM
What a game!!!!  Cards completely dominated the first half of play.  Wenger is a beast and Fanthorpe is the man!  The Cardinal O and D lines stepped up and really took control of this game early.  I was worried when Wheaton came right down the field and scored to start the 2nd half.  The scoreboard at Wheaton is awesome.  Did it seem like the Wheaton crowd was rather sparse?  NC fans filled the visiting bleachers plus the smaller bleachers on the home side and lined the West end zone.  Great turnout by the Cardinal faithful!  Way to go Cards!

Regarding the crowd.  Where I was sitting there were people sitting in the isles.  It seemed packed to me.

I'm with you, Mugsy. The crowd on the home side looked sparse just before the game. But at game time, the stands were packed.