FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister36, MIAC23 and 111 Guests are viewing this topic.

Predictions for SJU vs BU in Collegeville Saturday?

Defensive battle in favor of SJU
Defensive battle in favor of BU
More offensive fireworks, with SJU prevailing
More offensive fireworks, with BU prevailing

Voting closes: October 03, 2026, 11:48:26 AM

SUMMIT!!!!!

In honor of the new divisions in the Big 10....you can order this: http://46989.spreadshirt.com/leaders-legends-A6839585/customize/color/2

I think it is available in all sizes
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

Freebird

Anyone watching the DII Championship game today? I just had to order ESPNU to see the DIII game.

I'm not expecting much of a response but would anyone care to rank the top 3 Quarterbacks in MIAC history?

hazzben

Quote from: Freebird on December 18, 2010, 01:27:59 PM
I'm not expecting much of a response but would anyone care to rank the top 3 Quarterbacks in MIAC history?

IMO, in no particular order:

Ramler - SJU: Great QB with a great supporting cast. Incredibly explosive offense keyed on Ramler's ability and leadership. Ran into the original MUC Machine in the playoffs.

Kirchoff - BU: Great QB,  finished as MIAC career yds record holder (since broken). Had good, but never great WR's. Pure passer, threw a beautiful ball. Wish he'd been healthy at the end of the 409 game, would have added a sweet piece of drama to an epic game.

Keating - SJU: Pure leadership. Had the best WR and most complete team of the 3 (obviously). Just always made things happen. Extended plays with his legs and made everyone around him better. He was a total 'gamer' who thrived most when it was all on the line.

Freebird

Quote from: hazzben on December 18, 2010, 01:50:01 PM
Quote from: Freebird on December 18, 2010, 01:27:59 PM
I'm not expecting much of a response but would anyone care to rank the top 3 Quarterbacks in MIAC history?

IMO, in no particular order:

Ramler - SJU: Great QB with a great supporting cast. Incredibly explosive offense keyed on Ramler's ability and leadership. Ran into the original MUC Machine in the playoffs.

Kirchoff - BU: Great QB,  finished as MIAC career yds record holder (since broken). Had good, but never great WR's. Pure passer, threw a beautiful ball. Wish he'd been healthy at the end of the 409 game, would have added a sweet piece of drama to an epic game.

Keating - SJU: Pure leadership. Had the best WR and most complete team of the 3 (obviously). Just always made things happen. Extended plays with his legs and made everyone around him better. He was a total 'gamer' who thrived most when it was all on the line.

Did you play in the 2003 game at Eau-Claire? That was my freshman year and the game that got me hooked on Bethel football. I remember Kirchoff being pretty much unstoppable.

Retired Old Rat

I'm partial to Jeff Norman, QB of the 1976 National Champions.
   
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

Retired Old Rat

I was thinking of applying for the Hamline head coaching job.  But only if I can get TDT as my offensive coordinator and DuffMan as my defensive coordinator.  Finsleft would be my recruiting coordinator.  Dynasty in the making.
   
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

tmerton

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on December 18, 2010, 02:33:08 PM
I was thinking of applying for the Hamline head coaching job.  But only if I can get TDT as my offensive coordinator and DuffMan as my defensive coordinator.  Finsleft would be my recruiting coordinator.  Dynasty in the making.

Must be planning on winning your games 2-0.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: tmerton on December 18, 2010, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: Retired Old Rat on December 18, 2010, 02:33:08 PM
I was thinking of applying for the Hamline head coaching job.  But only if I can get TDT as my offensive coordinator and DuffMan as my defensive coordinator.  Finsleft would be my recruiting coordinator.  Dynasty in the making.

Must be planning on winning your games 2-0.

Oh, I don't know.  It would be hard for ROR to find anyone more offensive that TDT.
  

Retired Old Rat

Quote from: OzJohnnie on December 18, 2010, 03:02:32 PM
Quote from: tmerton on December 18, 2010, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: Retired Old Rat on December 18, 2010, 02:33:08 PM
I was thinking of applying for the Hamline head coaching job.  But only if I can get TDT as my offensive coordinator and DuffMan as my defensive coordinator.  Finsleft would be my recruiting coordinator.  Dynasty in the making.

Must be planning on winning your games 2-0.

Oh, I don't know.  It would be hard for ROR to find anyone more offensive that TDT.


Ding, Ding, Ding.  You are the winner.

Can't believe tmerton wiffed on that one.  ;-)
   
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

Retired Old Rat

"RayGrant13: I'm personally picking Mount Union for the D-III national championship. My boy #2 Charleus Dieuseul is a monster! We grew up together. #d3fb"

Bet the house on UWW.  8-) ;)
   
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

tmerton

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on December 18, 2010, 03:08:05 PM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on December 18, 2010, 03:02:32 PM
Quote from: tmerton on December 18, 2010, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: Retired Old Rat on December 18, 2010, 02:33:08 PM
I was thinking of applying for the Hamline head coaching job.  But only if I can get TDT as my offensive coordinator and DuffMan as my defensive coordinator.  Finsleft would be my recruiting coordinator.  Dynasty in the making.

Must be planning on winning your games 2-0.

Oh, I don't know.  It would be hard for ROR to find anyone more offensive that TDT.


Ding, Ding, Ding.  You are the winner.

Can't believe tmerton wiffed on that one.  ;-)

He may be offensive - but he can't score.

tommiegun

Really annoying that this game is on ESPNU which no one has or online...

DuffMan

Quote from: tommiegun on December 18, 2010, 05:03:54 PM
Really annoying that this game is on ESPNU which no one has or online...

I have it.  Good game, so far. 

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: '32, '35, '36, '38, '53, '62, '63, '65, '71, '74, '75, '76, '77, '79, '82, '85, '89, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08, '09, '14, '18, '19, '21, '22, '24
National Champions: '63, '65, '76, '03

Retired Old Rat

   
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on December 18, 2010, 05:20:51 PM
Quote from: tommiegun on December 18, 2010, 05:03:54 PM
Really annoying that this game is on ESPNU which no one has or online...

http://channelsurfing.net/watch-espnu.html




Oh... I didn't know about this.  Nice.  I've got a college hoops update running on that channel at the moment.  Am I tuned in to the correct one?

EDIT: Yup.  They just announced the second half.  Nice.