FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UWO Titan 78 and 46 Guests are viewing this topic.

footballfan413

Best of luck to Coach Rucks in his new role at Carthage.  He was one of the CCIW coaches that had my son on his radar back in 02/03 but he couldn't get him to come up for a visit.  It was not for lack of effort on his part.   8-)
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

New Tradition

Quote
I'll never forget practicing on Thanksgiving Day. I think that's a goal for any coach.

Coach Rucks is absolutely right.  I've been fortunate enough to have 2 practices on Thanksgiving Day in my life, one as a player and one as a coach (both at the high school level). It is by far the most special practice to be able to participate in.  I think about it all the time, mostly at the start of the season and at the start of the playoffs as a goal.

Glad to hear from his own mouth that he's feeling healthy.  I'm sure he'll be fantastic in his new role!
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

CardinalAlum

Quote from: New Tradition on November 21, 2012, 09:26:23 AM
Quote
I'll never forget practicing on Thanksgiving Day. I think that's a goal for any coach.

Coach Rucks is absolutely right.  I've been fortunate enough to have 2 practices on Thanksgiving Day in my life, one as a player and one as a coach (both at the high school level). It is by far the most special practice to be able to participate in.  I think about it all the time, mostly at the start of the season and at the start of the playoffs as a goal.

Glad to hear from his own mouth that he's feeling healthy.  I'm sure he'll be fantastic in his new role!

Completely agree!  I've shared the same fortune of practicing on Thanksgiving Day twice (High school coach) and it's a proud moment for all involved.  I can't imagine what that feeling would have been like as a player.  Be thankful for the opportunities you get along the road!
D3 National Champions 2019, 2022, 2024

Mugsy

Quote from: CardinalAlum on November 21, 2012, 10:48:41 AM
Quote from: New Tradition on November 21, 2012, 09:26:23 AM
Quote
I'll never forget practicing on Thanksgiving Day. I think that's a goal for any coach.

Coach Rucks is absolutely right.  I've been fortunate enough to have 2 practices on Thanksgiving Day in my life, one as a player and one as a coach (both at the high school level). It is by far the most special practice to be able to participate in.  I think about it all the time, mostly at the start of the season and at the start of the playoffs as a goal.

Glad to hear from his own mouth that he's feeling healthy.  I'm sure he'll be fantastic in his new role!

Completely agree!  I've shared the same fortune of practicing on Thanksgiving Day twice (High school coach) and it's a proud moment for all involved.  I can't imagine what that feeling would have been like as a player.  Be thankful for the opportunities you get along the road!

I experienced practicing on Thanksgiving Day twice in high school as a player.   Really cool experience.

Now I have to settle for snapping my hamstrings, twisting ankles, dislocating fingers, etc... during Turkey Day pick-up, flag football games (that quickly digress into full out tackle).  As I'm packing myself in ice and downing Ibuprofin, it just doesn't measure up.   :o

For the players and coaches that have the opportunity to do so, enjoy every minute of the playoffs.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

emma17

Thanksgiving day football for me was Father and Son games.  Damn I miss that stuff.
Now my exercise is the Turkey Trot (trot seems a bit fast too).

79jaybird

My HS coach at Prospect was J. Nudera.  While the school would be off for the Jewish September holidays, we would be practicing and his reasoning was just that... you want to be playing and practicing deep into the regular/post season.  Don't know if I will have access to email this week so I will say it now.

Good luck to both CCIW teams this weekend and safe holiday travels to all. 
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018  & 2024 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

DBQ1965

Quote from: emma17 on November 21, 2012, 12:09:47 PM
Thanksgiving day football for me was Father and Son games.  Damn I miss that stuff.
Now my exercise is the Turkey Trot (trot seems a bit fast too).

My Turkey Trot will be in Grand Rapids, MI. ... where will yours be?
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

NCF

Happy Thanksgiving to all CCIW posters (and guests ;D)! Good luck to the Cardinals and Blue Jays in round 2!!
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

D O.C.

Thanksgiving Day...be Thankful every day and it's no big deal.
Pay attention to your family and friends every day and every day is Thanksgiving.
I've had jobs where I had to work Thanksgiving and I've played golf on Thanksgiving because the course was open. (That's how I met Ernie Banks one time)
Safe travels everyone!

irisheagle

Quote from: DBQ1965 on November 21, 2012, 01:07:11 PM
Quote from: emma17 on November 21, 2012, 12:09:47 PM
Thanksgiving day football for me was Father and Son games.  Damn I miss that stuff.
Now my exercise is the Turkey Trot (trot seems a bit fast too).

My Turkey Trot will be in Grand Rapids, MI. ... where will yours be?

Ill be in grand rapids as well, forest hills area where im from. Good luck jays and cards.

emma17

Quote from: DBQ1965 on November 21, 2012, 01:07:11 PM
Quote from: emma17 on November 21, 2012, 12:09:47 PM
Thanksgiving day football for me was Father and Son games.  Damn I miss that stuff.
Now my exercise is the Turkey Trot (trot seems a bit fast too).

My Turkey Trot will be in Grand Rapids, MI. ... where will yours be?

Sounds nice - that's a pretty area. Not an organized run for me- just a trip through my local forest preserve.

AndOne

Daily Herald article on North Central and Elmhurst 1st round wins and 2nd round games:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20121120/sports/711209594/

Stagg Again!!

Quote from: USee on November 21, 2012, 01:10:45 AM
Quote from: Stagg or Bust on November 20, 2012, 07:22:19 PM
Quote from: Bluenote on November 20, 2012, 07:05:39 PM
My oh my....just checked out NCC Roster....what are you guys feeding those tackles? 6'6" and 298 lbs! Must be on a Giant Bubba Tator Diet!  :o
You asked for the (BBQ) beef -- you just didn't know how you were going to get it.  It will be great to see the OL back at full strength this weekend.  NCC's only two losses occurred when they had key members of their OL out and had to rely heavily on underclassmen for big minutes.

Stagg, I can only speak for the second loss but what does underclass men offensive linemen have to do with the 480 yds and 35 pts Wheaton put on your defense in that game?

Good question USee.  Three points.  First, my comment takes nothing away from the effort of the Crusaders.  There were some great performances on the other side of the ball on 11/3.  IMO, Jordan Roberts should have been named the OPOY in the CCIW.  He had a phenomenal year, and, but for Scottie Williams, I do believe that he would have won the award.  Clearly, Morgan Cook also had a great game against the Cards.  Second, I wanted to be clear that I believe that the Crusaders offense "only" scored 28 on NCC's defense.  There was one fumble recovery returned for a TD.  Third, teams are only as good as their weakest link.  NCC has had phenomenal production from some of its skill position players, but team perfomance has been negatively impacted at times by missed blocking assignments and uneven exchanges between the C and QB when lesser experienced linemen have shouldered the load with minutes.  The two games NCC has lost, they have had 34% of their total fumbles for the season (and 43% of their fumbles lost -- including two returned for TDs).  Better execution on the OL results in:  1) fewer turnovers, 2) greater TOP, 3) more points for NCC, and 4) less TOP and fewer points for its opponents (I've done that analysis, and there is a clear correlation).  Had virtually all of NCC's OL not been in sick bay during the UWL game, I find it very difficult to believe that they would have lost to a team with only 206 yards of total offense for the game (IMO).  Bottom line is that while I really like the rotation that the Cardinals have been building on the OL, the team just performs better when their starters are on the field (at the risk of sounding obvious).

Stagg Again!!

#27403
Quote from: newcardfan on November 21, 2012, 01:12:53 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all CCIW posters (and guests ;D)! Good luck to the Cardinals and Blue Jays in round 2!!
I, too, wanted to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all of the CCIW and other posters on this board (including Pat and the other men of D3).  I am certainly thankful for the time that I spend reading and posting the sometimes serious and sometimes silly thoughts on the board.  It is certainly great entertainment!  Here's to a great game on Saturday for the Cards and Jays.  Safe travels to all.

Great article on D3 today about the men in Red and men in Blue:
http://www.d3football.com/playoffs/2012/cciw-duo-wins-in-the-air-on-ground

DBQ1965

Quote from: irisheagle on November 21, 2012, 01:49:29 PM
Quote from: DBQ1965 on November 21, 2012, 01:07:11 PM
Quote from: emma17 on November 21, 2012, 12:09:47 PM
Thanksgiving day football for me was Father and Son games.  Damn I miss that stuff.
Now my exercise is the Turkey Trot (trot seems a bit fast too).

My Turkey Trot will be in Grand Rapids, MI. ... where will yours be?

Ill be in grand rapids as well, forest hills area where im from. Good luck jays and cards.

Cascade here.  Kids went to FHC.
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀