FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 57 Guests are viewing this topic.

MUC57


Which ESPN  channel will the Stagg Bowl be on? And what time?
I guess if Mount Union isn't playing, I lose track of that stuff.
Thanks! 🎥 🕰  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

robertgoulet

Quote from: MUC57 on December 17, 2019, 03:44:14 PM

Which ESPN  channel will the Stagg Bowl be on? And what time?
I guess if Mount Union isn't playing, I lose track of that stuff.
Thanks! 🎥 🕰  ;D

ESPNU at 7pm CST, I believe.
You win! You always do!

MUC57

Quote from: robertgoulet on December 17, 2019, 03:58:17 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on December 17, 2019, 03:44:14 PM

Which ESPN  channel will the Stagg Bowl be on? And what time?
I guess if Mount Union isn't playing, I lose track of that stuff.
Thanks! 🎥 🕰  ;D

ESPNU at 7pm CST, I believe.

Thanks,Robert. (May I call you Bob?)  :o  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

robertgoulet

Quote from: MUC57 on December 17, 2019, 04:13:59 PM
Quote from: robertgoulet on December 17, 2019, 03:58:17 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on December 17, 2019, 03:44:14 PM

Which ESPN  channel will the Stagg Bowl be on? And what time?
I guess if Mount Union isn't playing, I lose track of that stuff.
Thanks! 🎥 🕰  ;D

ESPNU at 7pm CST, I believe.

Thanks,Robert. (May I call you Bob?)  :o  ;D

I prefer Bobert.
You win! You always do!

MUC57

Quote from: robertgoulet on December 17, 2019, 04:41:11 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on December 17, 2019, 04:13:59 PM
Quote from: robertgoulet on December 17, 2019, 03:58:17 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on December 17, 2019, 03:44:14 PM

Which ESPN  channel will the Stagg Bowl be on? And what time?
I guess if Mount Union isn't playing, I lose track of that stuff.
Thanks! 🎥 🕰  ;D

ESPNU at 7pm CST, I believe.

Thanks,Robert. (May I call you Bob?)  :o  ;D

I prefer Bobert.

Got it, Bobert. (Boy, some people are real snobs.) 🎩 🍾 ❗️
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Patrick Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

robertgoulet

You win! You always do!

bluestreak66

do we realize that if Mount Union had won that game, we very well could have seen a Mount/UWW Stagg bowl?
thanks for ruining the 10 Year Challenge NCC!
(Although, go Cardinals!)
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

shepherd


02 Warhawk

Quote from: bluestreak66 on December 18, 2019, 11:54:24 AM
do we realize that if Mount Union had won that game, we very well could have seen a Mount/UWW Stagg bowl?
thanks for ruining the 10 Year Challenge NCC!
(Although, go Cardinals!)

I think 100% it would have been UWW/Mount again. No way Mount loses to Del Valley or Muhlenberg.

USee

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 18, 2019, 12:05:04 PM
Quote from: bluestreak66 on December 18, 2019, 11:54:24 AM
do we realize that if Mount Union had won that game, we very well could have seen a Mount/UWW Stagg bowl?
thanks for ruining the 10 Year Challenge NCC!
(Although, go Cardinals!)

I think 100% it would have been UWW/Mount again. No way Mount loses to Del Valley or Muhlenberg.

Yea, for all the talk about parity and other teams we were probably 1-2 plays away from Mt Union vs UWW this Friday.


hazzben

Quote from: USee on December 18, 2019, 12:14:55 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 18, 2019, 12:05:04 PM
Quote from: bluestreak66 on December 18, 2019, 11:54:24 AM
do we realize that if Mount Union had won that game, we very well could have seen a Mount/UWW Stagg bowl?
thanks for ruining the 10 Year Challenge NCC!
(Although, go Cardinals!)

I think 100% it would have been UWW/Mount again. No way Mount loses to Del Valley or Muhlenberg.

Yea, for all the talk about parity and other teams we were probably 1-2 plays away from Mt Union vs UWW this Friday.

True, but the difference this year is that we were also a play or two away from Wheaton or SJU also being there. We had 5 Stagg worthy teams IMO. A lot of those Mount v. UWW years they were head and shoulders better than the field. Or else there was one other team in that mix. I'll take the new blood. Makes things much more interesting. Especially given NCC's history, I think there's little chance the crap the bed on the big stage. I expect a great game.

02 Warhawk

#37948
Quote from: hazzben on December 18, 2019, 02:38:49 PM
Quote from: USee on December 18, 2019, 12:14:55 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 18, 2019, 12:05:04 PM
Quote from: bluestreak66 on December 18, 2019, 11:54:24 AM
do we realize that if Mount Union had won that game, we very well could have seen a Mount/UWW Stagg bowl?
thanks for ruining the 10 Year Challenge NCC!
(Although, go Cardinals!)

I think 100% it would have been UWW/Mount again. No way Mount loses to Del Valley or Muhlenberg.

Yea, for all the talk about parity and other teams we were probably 1-2 plays away from Mt Union vs UWW this Friday.

True, but the difference this year is that we were also a play or two away from Wheaton or SJU also being there. We had 5 Stagg worthy teams IMO. A lot of those Mount v. UWW years they were head and shoulders better than the field. Or else there was one other team in that mix. I'll take the new blood. Makes things much more interesting. Especially given NCC's history, I think there's little chance the crap the bed on the big stage. I expect a great game.

That would for sure be the case with Mount Union during those year. They were never really challenged until they played us in the Stagg Bowl. We always said that's a big part why UWW is 6-3 against the Raiders in Stagg Bowls. UWW was always more battle tested than Mount, both in the playoffs as well as conference play (OAC vs. WIAC). However, in most years, UWW always seemed to have one playoff game where the game came down to the final quarter and could have gone either way:

2005 - Linfield
2006 - SJU
2007 - MHB
2008 - Willamette (yes, Willamette)
2009 - Linfield
2010 - NCC
2011 - This year was the exception, UWW rolled this season
2013 - MHB
2014 - Wartburg

2019 - SJU

USee

Can't really say either team hasn't faced a team of "that" caliber before Friday. This year at least there is more known about the teams playing in the Stagg because they have faced teams on the other side of the bracket. (UWW v UWO v Salis v Muhl; NCC v Wheaton v STJu v UWW). Seems like we have two teams in the same zip code of each other. So much depends on matchups though so we'll see.